How to start? Register to pay the trial lesson ($30), you will receive an email from the teachers to schedule a lesson. You can try up to three trial lessons and then purchase monthly contract ($30 x 4 =$120). Q? please call or text (347) 699-6641
Registration is open year-round and new students are always welcome. However, picking schedules for new students depends on teachers' availability. So if you are a new student and trying to book a lesson for the first time, please email email@example.com or text 917-349-5477 first. Trial lessons are $30 and must be prepaid through the system. You can have up to three trials without a contract, to see if the teacher is the perfect fit for your child. After this, you may purchase future lessons on a minimum contract of four prepaid lessons. If the payment is made after the lesson, it will be considered as a late payment and the teacher will charge $5 late fee. How to buy trial lessons? Please click "buy now" tab in MINDBODY page, then create your account with us, click "30 min trial ($30)". Music lesson is under "service" and "music".
Music Instructions in Home: Our teachers are willing to travel to your house within a 3-5 mile radius of our schools with an extra $5 travel fee. Please inquire.
PAYMENT POLICY (UPDATED)
Tuition must be prepaid for periods of either a full semester (20 weeks), half semester (10 weeks), or a minimum of one month; not weekly, as-you-go, etc. Payment for the entire period (month, half- or full-semester) is due no later than the beginning of the first lesson of that period. A $50 late payment fee will be added when a payment is for less than a month (NO exception).
PAYMENT METHODS (UPDATED)
Queens Music Academy and all of its staff cannot accept cash as a form of payment. Please pay directly to Queens Music Academy using our online system. Thank you for your understanding.
QUEENS MUSIC ACADEMY IS ORGANIZED INTO THREE SEMESTERS:
FALL IS 15 WEEKS: 2ND WEEK OF SEPT - 1ST/2ND WEEK OF JAN.
SPRING IS 20 WEEKS: 2ND WEEK OF JAN - 1ST /2ND WEEK OF JUN.
SUMMER IS 4-8 WEEKS: JUL - AUG. DATES MAY VARY.
Amazing benefits of music lessons for children include:
- Development of Confidence and Self-esteem
- Development of Social Skills
- Improved Memory and Academics
- Refining of Discipline and Patience
- Kindling a Passion and Work Ethic that will translate into any field later in life
Click here to see profiles of our faculty members
Music For Little Mozart
Music for Little Mozart Series is made especially for the preschool age group (four-, five- and six-year-olds). This curriculum provides a balance between the discipline necessary for playing the piano and the enjoyment one receives from the process of music making. Three correlating books (Music Lesson Book, Music Workbook and Music Discovery Book) at each of four levels guide the children through a comprehensive approach to musical learning, using the piano over approximately a two-year period. Twice a week lesson recommended.
We welcome passionate young rock music lovers who can play guitar, keyboard, drums or vocal at least at a basic level. Lots of performance opportunities will be available in local festivals and street fairs.
- Monday 6:15-7 ;$20 (45 min): $300 (15 weeks, Fall)/$400 (20 weeks, Spring)
- Wednesday 6:15-7 ;$20 (45 min):$300 (15 weeks, Fall)/$400 (20 weeks, Spring)
- Saturday 9:15-10:45 (1.5 hour) ; $40x 15 weeks=$600 (Fall), $40 x 20 weeks=$800 (Spring)
Orchestra for Violin, Viola and Cello
Fee: FREE when you attend all the rehearsals. $200 deposit required, pay $20 for each absent,
- Advanced Orchestra: Thursday 5:00-5:45
- Beginner Orchestra: Friday 5:15-6:00 Suzuki book 1
- Beginner Orchestra: Saturday 11-11:45 Suzuki book 1
Piano Group Class
Welcome absolute beginners!
Fall Semester Fee: $20 per class (45 min) x 15 weeks=$300 /Spring Semester Fee: $20 per class (45 min)x 20 weeks=$400
- 5-5;45 K-1st grade
- 6-6:45 2nd-4th grade
- 7-7:45 Adult Group Piano Class
Need to purchase a keyboard/digital piano? Here are my choices: Make sure it comes with adapters, stands and headphones and chairs if possible.
1. Age 8 or older and getting serious? : Yamaha 88 heavy Weighted Digital Piano
2. Age between 6-8 beginner? : Yamaha 61 keys
3. Under 5 years old (44 keys, this one has smaller keys): Casio 76 light weighted keyboard
Need to purchase violins or cello?
- Online ( Not recommending but these two sites are selling string instruments only, therefore, most of them are OK or better quality than other sites, remember that you get what you pay for in these sites).
- Local Store
1. Tutti Music in Flushing
2. Flushing Violin Shop
3. SamAsh in Forest Hills or Manhattan